Our mission at Brown Dog Consulting is to help the boards of the world solve their problems and operate at the highest level possible using Policy Governance. This resource page has been developed just for you and covers many topics on issues that might be affecting your board. Please share this page with your fellow board members. If you’d like your board to benefit from using a complete system, please contact us or click here to schedule a 20-minute phone conversation.
Accountability and Monitoring
- Dear Board Member: It’s Not About You, It’s About We
- Boards Can Be Accountable to Owners – Without Being Jerks to Everyone Else
- The Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for All Boards of Directors
- How to Write a Monitoring Report
- Five Key Conversations Every Board Should Have (free download)
- Suffering Board Approval Syndrome?
- Monitoring Executive Performance
- Board Self-Evaluation FAQ (free download)
- What Does Your Board Policy Manual Say?
- Plugging In: A Formula for Energizing Accountability (Board Leadership article)
- Top Ten Tips for Effective Board Meetings
- Meeting Helpers: How to Interject … Without Interrupting
- Is Your Board Trying to Think, But Nothing Happens?
- Top Five Signs Your Board of Directors is Fighting a Losing Game
- Got the Boardroom Blues?
- Understanding the One Voice Principle
Considering Policy Governance
- Quick, What is Policy Governance Again?
- Infographic: The Policy Governance Journey
- Policy Governance: Six Benefits over the ‘Traditional’ Approach
- Are You the Best Board You Can Be?
- Is Your Board of Directors Ready to Explore Policy Governance?
- The Key Advantages Provided by Policy Governance Consultants
- Do you understand Policy Governance? The PG360 Quiz developed by IPGA
- Getting Clarity on Board and Staff Roles (Part 1)
- Getting Clarity on Board and Staff Roles (Part 2)
- Getting Clarity on Board and Staff Roles (Part 3)
- What’s the Difference Between Vision, Mission, and Ends?
- Ends Policy Examples (free download)
- Good Governance: Once Upon a Time…
- The Governance Problem: How it Started