Looking for board education topics or ideas? Check out this video featuring John Carver being interviewed by Larry Spears about Servant Leadership and its connections with Policy Governance.
Questions explored in this interview revolve around the board’s role in providing foresight, overcoming weaknesses, and the importance of the board’s investment in listening.
One way for your board to benefit from the insights shared in this video would be to schedule a conversation about Servant Leadership and Policy Governance on the next board meeting agenda, and have each board member watch the video on their own in preparation for the meeting.
The board conversation could include questions such as:
- What did you notice about this video?
- Which statements or ideas stood out for you?
- What previous situations or conversations did you find yourself reflecting upon when you watched this video?
- Did the insights expressed in this video make you think about anything we should have done differently in the past?
- Which ideas in this video are most relevant or important for us?
- Are there any actions or decisions we should make as a group, further to this conversation?
Click here to download an unofficial transcript (.pdf) of this interview.
For more information about Servant Leadership, visit The Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership. John Carver’s website is www.carvergovernance.com.