Our Next MasterClass – Saturday, Jan. 28/23 in Tampa, FL
The Board’s Role in Creating and Sustaining Success
Have you ever:
- noticed a lack of board/staff role clarity?
- wished board meetings were more productive?
- needed to get more board members more engaged?
- wanted more results, and less frustration or conflict?
- wondered if there was a better way to perform as a board?
This exclusive MasterClass event is designed so that you:
- get expert guidance on your burning questions about board issues
- learn and share from others’ challenges and experiences
- can test and resolve a variety of difficult boardroom scenarios.
Click here for more details and to reserve your spot. This is a free, invitation-only event, taking place 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in Tampa, Florida, on Saturday, January 28, 2023.
Your presenter and host for this event is Brown Dog Consulting President, Susan Mogensen, who has been guiding and engaging boards and leadership teams towards the successful accomplishment of their roles since 1999. Known for bringing a mix of expertise, clarity, humor, creativity, and engaging interaction to all her sessions, Susan makes good governance principles easy to understand, and simple to apply.
Click here to register for the MasterClass in Tampa on January
Plus … Three Ways to Educate Your Board
1. Board EXCELerator™
Check out our highly acclaimed online Policy Governance course, the Board EXCELerator™.
The Board EXCELerator™ is an easy, engaging way to:
- get all board members and staff on the same page
- orient new board members quickly
- motivate board members to govern effectively
- provide Policy Governance® education that is more effective than books or workshops
- accelerate your journey towards excellence.
Click here to learn more, or contact us for a free demo.
2. Online Meeting Facilitation, Participation, and Presentations
Contact us at email@example.com to invite our participation at an upcoming board or staff meeting. We can customize our presentation according to your needs, and/or address topics such as:
- Three Big Mistakes Most Board Make — and How You Can Solve Them
- Policy Governance 101: 10 Key Principles for Effective Boards
- Owner Service vs. Customer Service: What’s the Difference and Why it Matters
- How to Design Agendas for Productive and Engaging Board Meetings
- From Theory to Practice: We Adopted Policy Governance, Now What?
- Ownership Linkage, Part 1: Gathering Meaningful Input
- Monitoring Performance: How to Prepare and Assess CEO Reports
- Board Self-Evaluation: How to Monitor Board Performance
- Financial Management and the Policy Governance Organization
- Making the Most of Meetings: Agenda Planning for Policy Governance Boards
- Ownership Linkage, Part 2: Creating the Board’s Communications Strategy
- Strategic Planning and Policy Governance Principles: The Bridge to Success
- Decision-Making and the Role of the Chief Governance Officer (CGO)
- Policy Governance 201: Resolving Challenging Issues
- Ownership Linkage, Part 3: Using Ownership Input for Refining Ends
- What Could Go Wrong? Risk Governance and How to Protect Your Organization
- Board as Team: The Challenges and Opportunities of Group Authority
3. Governance Coaching
Take advantage of our hourly coaching service for advice on:
- the development, writing and editing of the board policies;
- the practical use of these policies (e.g., writing and assessing monitoring reports, designing ownership linkage plans, agenda planning, etc.);
- the preparation of board meeting agendas;
- assessment of board meetings with respect to the application of Policy Governance principles;
- troubleshooting any related board meeting or Policy Governance challenges or opportunities.
This assistance is provided by phone/teleconference, e-mail, Skype, Zoom, webinar, or other online means.
Do you need help with a pressing governance issue right now? Write a short note about the situation, and then set up a call to access our Rapid Advisory Service.