Three Ways to Educate Your Board
1. Board EXCELerator™
Check out our highly acclaimed online Policy Governance course, the Board EXCELerator™.
The Board EXCELerator™ is an easy, engaging way to:
- get all board members and staff on the same page
- orient new board members quickly
- motivate board members to govern effectively
- provide Policy Governance® education that is more effective than books or workshops
- accelerate your journey towards excellence.
2. Online Meeting Facilitation, Participation, and Presentations
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to invite our participation at an upcoming board or staff meeting. We can customize our presentation according to your needs, and/or address topics such as:
- Three Big Mistakes Most Board Make — and How You Can Solve Them
- Policy Governance 101: 10 Key Principles for Effective Boards
- Owner Service vs. Customer Service: What’s the Difference and Why it Matters
- How to Design Agendas for Productive and Engaging Board Meetings
- From Theory to Practice: We Adopted Policy Governance, Now What?
- Ownership Linkage, Part 1: Gathering Meaningful Input
- Monitoring Performance: How to Prepare and Assess CEO Reports
- Board Self-Evaluation: How to Monitor Board Performance
- Financial Management and the Policy Governance Organization
- Making the Most of Meetings: Agenda Planning for Policy Governance Boards
- Ownership Linkage, Part 2: Creating the Board’s Communications Strategy
- Strategic Planning and Policy Governance Principles: The Bridge to Success
- Decision-Making and the Role of the Chief Governance Officer (CGO)
- Policy Governance 201: Resolving Challenging Issues
- Ownership Linkage, Part 3: Using Ownership Input for Refining Ends
- What Could Go Wrong? Risk Governance and How to Protect Your Organization
- Board as Team: The Challenges and Opportunities of Group Authority
3. Governance Coaching
Take advantage of our hourly coaching service for advice on:
- the development, writing and editing of the board policies;
- the practical use of these policies (e.g., writing and assessing monitoring reports, designing ownership linkage plans, agenda planning, etc.);
- the preparation of board meeting agendas;
- assessment of board meetings with respect to the application of Policy Governance principles;
- troubleshooting any related board meeting or Policy Governance challenges or opportunities.
This assistance is provided by phone/teleconference, e-mail, Skype, Zoom, webinar, or other online means.
Do you need help with a pressing governance issue right now? Write a short note about the situation, and then set up a call to access our Rapid Advisory Service.