Example for Illustrative Purposes Only
3.9 Because poor governance costs more than learning to govern well, the board will invest in its governance capacity.
3.9.1 Board skills, methods, and supports will be sufficient to assure governing with excellence.
- 184.108.40.206 Training and retraining will be used liberally to orient new members and candidates for membership, as well as to maintain and increase existing member skills and understandings.
- 220.127.116.11 Outside monitoring assistance will be arranged so that the board can exercise confident control over organizational performance. This includes, but is not limited to, fiscal audit.
- 18.104.22.168 Outreach mechanisms will be used as needed to ensure the board’s ability to listen to owner viewpoints and values.
3.9.2 Costs will be prudently incurred, though not at the expense of endangering the development and maintenance of the organization’s ability to operate.
- 22.214.171.124 Up to $[XXXX] in fiscal year [20XX] for training, including attendance at conferences and workshops.
- 126.96.36.199 Up to $[XXXX] in fiscal year [20XX] for audit and other third-party monitoring of organizational performance.
- 188.8.131.52 Up to $[XXXX] in fiscal year [20XX] for surveys, focus groups, opinion analyses, and meeting costs.