Policy Governance Workshops
Would you like to get your board and staff all on the same page, pulling in the same direction, knowing who is accountable for what decisions and actions? Whether you need to bring a couple new board members — or the whole board of directors — up to speed, our Policy Governance 101 workshops show you how to:
- save valuable board meeting time while getting more done;
- liberate chief executive and staff to create, innovate, achieve results;
- improve the board – CEO relationship;
- prevent board member frustration and burnout;
- control effectively and be accountable — without micromanaging;
- please your members, community, owners or shareholders.
Where would you like to attend a Policy Governance workshop?
Sign up here to find out when a workshop will be held in your preferred city(ies).
Want to host a workshop at your location?
Governance workshops and board retreats can also be customized for your organization and held at the time and place of your choosing. Please contact us to set up a date and location that would work best for you and your invited guests.
Workshop and Board Retreat Topics
- Three Big Mistakes Most Board Make — and How You Can Solve Them
- Policy Governance 101: 10 Key Principles for Effective Boards
- Owner Service vs. Customer Service: What’s the Difference and Why it Matters
- How to Design Agendas for Productive and Engaging Board Meetings
- From Theory to Practice: We Adopted Policy Governance, Now What?
- Ownership Linkage, Part 1: Gathering Meaningful Input
- Monitoring Performance: How to Prepare and Assess CEO Reports
- Board Self-Evaluation: How to Monitor Board Performance
- Financial Management and the Policy Governance Organization
- Making the Most of Meetings: Agenda Planning for Policy Governance Boards
- Ownership Linkage, Part 2: Creating the Board’s Communications Strategy
- Strategic Planning and Policy Governance Principles: The Bridge to Success
- Decision-Making and the Role of the Chief Governance Officer (CGO)
- Policy Governance 201: Resolving Challenging Issues
- Ownership Linkage, Part 3: Using Ownership Input for Refining Ends
- What Could Go Wrong? Risk Governance and How to Protect Your Organization
- Board as Team: The Challenges and Opportunities of Group Authority
- Policy Governance 301: Accelerating Results