Whether your board of directors is using the Policy Governance® system or not, there is no point in having any board policies if nobody knows or understands them, if they are not used, and/or if there is no regular way of checking to see if the policies are being followed. But knowing, understanding, and being accountable is difficult if board policies are lengthy, complicated, disorganized, incomplete, out-of-date or irrelevant.
Using Policy Governance principles is advantageous because your board will create policies that:
- say only what is necessary, and no more;
- are comprehensive enough to include any/all situations;
- are organized, logical, consistent, and easy to find;
- generate results that are monitored on a regular basis;
- reflect input from owners and key stakeholders, as well as board members’ values.
To learn more on how to create a practical, time-saving, and meaningful board policy manual, click here to schedule a free consultation.