The complete, official summary of Policy Governance® principles is the Policy Governance Source Document, and here is a list of publications to learn more. Meanwhile, here is a quick summary of the ten principles: Ownership: The board is accountable to a legal/moral ownership. Owners are a subset of stakeholders. Board Position: The board serves the ownership and leads Continue reading →
- Accountability: What Could Go Wrong?
- Accountability vs Responsibility: What’s the Difference?
- We’re using Policy Governance and we have a Treasurer. Help!
- Flipping the Policy Governance Classroom
- Policy Governance Benefits
- How to Resolve Operational Concerns
- Spurious Influences Derail Delegation
- Values Are Not Just Words on a Page
- Consider the Worth of Benefits for Recipients
- Strategic Planning, Policy Governance-style
- Understanding the One Voice Principle
- Quick, What is Policy Governance Again?
- “Personnel is Policy”? Let’s Try: Policy is Policy
- Boards Need to Know What Boards Need to Know
- Policy Governance® is Much More Than Just Having Policies