One frequently misunderstood Policy Governance® principle is the Board Holism (a.k.a. “One Voice”) principle, which states: “3. Board Holism: The authority of the board is held and used as a body. The board speaks with one voice in that instructions are expressed by the board as a whole. Individual board members have no authority to Continue reading →
- Accountability: What Could Go Wrong?
- Accountability vs Responsibility: What’s the Difference?
- We’re using Policy Governance and we have a Treasurer. Help!
- Flipping the Policy Governance Classroom
- Policy Governance Benefits
- How to Resolve Operational Concerns
- Spurious Influences Derail Delegation
- Values Are Not Just Words on a Page
- Consider the Worth of Benefits for Recipients
- Strategic Planning, Policy Governance-style
- Understanding the One Voice Principle
- Quick, What is Policy Governance Again?
- “Personnel is Policy”? Let’s Try: Policy is Policy
- Boards Need to Know What Boards Need to Know
- Policy Governance® is Much More Than Just Having Policies